6.6¢ - 8¢ / minute Long Distance Service now available from Midwest Electric!
Midwest Electric is pleased to offer long distance calling service that offers you a national program for long distance, toll free 1-800 service, and calling cards for both home and business. These services reduce your long distance call charges to 6.6¢ - 8¢ per minute for all out-of-state long distance calls and all in-state long distance calls (plus taxes and regulatory fees).
- No monthly fees!*
- No monthly minimums!
- No crazy codes to dial!
- Open to anybody…not just Midwest Electric members!
- Plus, get a 1-800 toll-free number, if you wish, so out-of-town family and friends can reach you at no cost to them and the same low rate to you with no monthly fees!
- EVEN LOWER RATES for businesses!
- 6.6 cents/minute for state-to-state long distance, with e-bill
- 7.3 cents/minute for state-to-state long distance, with paper bill
- 8 cents/minute for all in-state long distance
Friends and family can sign-up too! These great rates stay in effect for the life of the service!
To save up to 50% on your long distance telephone bill, call us toll-free at 1-877-352-7051 to sign-up immediately! If you have any questions about our program, please call us at 1-877-352-7051! Or click here to begin the sign-up process.
Our long distance service is available to any customer in the Domestic United States and there is NO MONTHLY FEE!*
There are no restricted days or times, no special numbers to dial. Our great rate is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year! THERE ARE NO MONTHLY RECURRING FEES FOR ANY OF THESE SERVICES OFFERED BY MIDWEST ELECTRIC!* You can sign-up easily. Cost savings, convenience and flexibility are available with these services.
As you travel, you can use our low rate calling card to save additional costs with no surcharge for each call!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there codes to dial?
No. The changes will be totally transparent; your local telephone company will merely redirect your long distance calls...The same way it works with your current long distance provider.
- Is there a monthly plan fee or monthly service charge?
- Is there a term agreement?
No, there is no commitment; you are free to change to another carrier at any time with no penalty.
- Can a non-coop customer take advantage of this service?
Yes, this service is available to any residence or business in the continental United States upon request.
- What are the international rates?
They vary by country and are available on request.
- Is there a fee to join?
- Does it matter what time of day or week that I call?
No, the same rates apply 24/7/365.
- Who is the service provider?
Qwest, one of the nation’s largest long distance carriers. They maintain the largest fiber optic cable network in the country. Their customers include Microsoft and the US Treasury Department.
- How can it be so inexpensive?
This is a wholesale program that we are able to offer through our professional associations. Electric cooperatives nationwide have joined forces to provide "group buying" advantages and negotiate the lowest possible rates with Qwest.
- Is this an introductory rate that will go up after I sign up?
No. There is no promise about what the rates will be in the future, but this is not a "bait and switch" program.
- Is there a charge to switch?
There is no fee to enroll in the plan; however, your local telephone company may charge a one-time service order fee to reroute your long distance service. This commonly ranges from $7 to $10 and is a one-time fee.
- Can the switch fee be reimbursed?
Yes. Qwest will reimburse the fee. The customer should call the customer service number on their new long distance phone bill, and the rep will give them a fax number to fax a copy of their bill that has the fee. Then the credit will be added to the customer’s next bill.
- Is there a cost to have a toll free number?
You are billed for the usage on the calls to the number. You are billed at the same low rate that applies to your outgoing calls.