Members of Midwest Electric recently donated $14,049 to 18 west-central Ohio charities and community projects through the cooperative’s Community Connection Fund.
Since the program began in 1998, the Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund has provided $714,494 to 535 area projects.
The recent Fund recipients include the following:
• Crime Victim Services, Lima, $1,949 for new data collection and case management software.
• Choosing Life Pregnancy Center, Celina, $1,000 for a new computer.
• Auglaize County Crisis Center, $1,000 to update computer stations.
• St. Anthony of Padua School, Columbus Grove, $1,000 for two iPads for instructional use.
• Lima’s Samaritan House, $1,000 to help with repairs to the boiler heating system.
• ARC of Mercer County, $1,000 to help fund summer recreation programs.
• Van Wert Parks and Recreation Department, $1,000 towards the replacement of pole lights in Fountain Park.
• New Knoxville / Washington Township Fire Department, $1,000 to buy new air pack bottles.
• St. Marys Club Soccer, $600 to buy uniforms.
• Van Wert County YMCA Camp Clay, $500 for furniture.
• Freedom Friends / St. Henry Amphitheater, $500 for a film projector to show movies in the amphitheater.
• Miss West Central Ohio, $500 towards the annual scholarship program.
• Auglaize County Educational Service Center, $500 for an iPad and cover, for educational purposes.
• Children’s Hometown Holiday, Wapakoneta, $500 for a skating rink during the annual Christmas celebration.
• Big Brothers and Sisters of Mercer, Auglaize and Van Wert counties, $500 for event supplies.
• Mercer Health, Coldwater, $500 to help with the new cardiopulmonary rehabilitation area.
• Osgood Area Rescue, $500 for a thermometer and stethescope in an ambulance.
• Cancer Association of Auglaize County, $500 for a new computer.
The Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund is a voluntary charitable program. Participating members’ monthly electric bills are rounded up to the next dollar, with the additional pennies deposited in the Fund.
A Board of Trustees, composed of cooperative members and separate from the Midwest Electric Board of Trustees, oversees the application and allocation process.
Individuals or organizations can obtain an application by contacting Midwest Electric, at 419-394-4110 or 1-800-962-3830.