A Touchstone Energy Home is designed to be energy efficient and economical, as well as comfortable. Midwest Electric has developed the Touchstone Energy Home Program to help you enjoy:
- Greater home comfort
- Lower energy bills
- An energy-efficient home
- A $1,000 rebate
- A two-year heating & cooling cost guarantee
- Reduced electric rate
- Reduced line extension charges
- Improved home value (compared to similar home built to lesser standards)
- Environmental benefits
- Potential tax incentives (Consult your tax advisor.)
This is a program for new homes served by Midwest Electric. It features three phases:
- Blueprint inspections by our certified ENERGY STAR rater.
- A pre-drywall inspection.
- A post-drywall blower door test.
Here are the specifications that you will need to build your home to, in order to qualify as a Touchstone Energy home, TE Home Standards.pdf
You must coordinate this project with Midwest Electric and your builder before the home is built. Call today or email us.